2023 photography competition
Terms and conditions.
This Photography competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
1. By entering the competition, you warrant to Conwy Cricket Club (‘CCC’) that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. CCC reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
2. All Entries must be received by 10.00am (BST) on 1 September 2023 (‘Closing Date’).
3. The Competition is open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom, and also to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom provided that they able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
4. CCC shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to CCC’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such entry.
5. CCC shall be entitled to assume that any individuals in the photos have given consent to be photographed. Appropriate care should be taken to ensure that identifiable individuals, particularly children, do not appear in the background of the photos without given consent.
6. CCC reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to CCC disqualifying that person, without CCC being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
7. Entries should be submitted in a HIGH RESOLUTION format, minimum 350 dpi. Images which are not high resolution may be discounted from the competition. Entries should be submitted by the Closing Date (1 September 2023) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sharing on Facebook or Instagram with the #ConwyCricketPhoto hashtag.. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
8. CCC accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries which are submitted in hard copy form as well as electronic form.
9. The prize-winners will be selected and notified by 10th September 2023 at the latest, by email or via the same channel/method the image was received from. 4 winning images will be selected by Andrew Jelley Opticians Ltd. The overall winner will receive a pair of Oakley Sports Sunglasses, provided by Andrew Jelley Opticians Ltd. The 3 runners up will each receive a Conwy Cricket Club baseball cap. The prizes are as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
10. CCC accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise. Intellectual property rights and data protection.
11. Entrants agree to their pictures appearing CCC's website as well as on their own, and their respective partners’, blogs, facebook, twitter and other social medias.
12. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used by CCC in accordance with data protection legislation in force in England and Wales.
13. All Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their name, and disclosure of their county of residence in connection with any Entry which is published in any form in any media.
Governing law and jurisdiction
14. These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
15. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Conditions or their subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims).